바카라 바카라사이트 슬롯게임 우리카지노 카지노사이트 파워볼 홀덤

New York ‘s wait for their first ever Championship win continues, but they pushed Sligo every inch of the way before they were eventually edged out in the Connacht championship quarter-final.

Sligo: Aidan Devaney (0-1,1f), David Philips, Evan Lyons, Paul McNamara, Natahan Mullen(0-1), Darragh Cummins ,Paul Kilcoyne Sean Carrabine(1-3,2fs), Peter Laffey, Keelan Cawley(0-1), Patrick O’Connor(0-3), Mikey Gordon, Alan Reilly, Barry Gordon(0-1), Niall Murphy(0-5,4f)

Subs used: David Quinn for Barry Gorman 35, Conor Griffin(0-1) for Peter Laffey(ht), Pat Spillane for Alan Reilly 55, Conan Marren for Sean Carrabine 64

New York: Micky Cunningham, Jamie Boyle, Alan Campbell, Colin Keane, Sean Reilly, Paddy Boyle, Daniel O’Sullivan(0-2), Johnny Glynn, Mark Ellis, Jack Reilly(0-1,1f), Adrian Varley(0-4,2fs,1 mark), Tiarnan Mathers, Niall Madine(0-4,2fs), Peter Fox(0-1), Mikey Brosnan(0-1)

Subs used: Killian Bulter for Jack Reilly(ht), Connell Ahearne for Tiarnan Mathers 50, Jamie Davis for Daniel O’Sullivan 66,

With the seconds ticking away, a free from Murphy settled Sligo’s nerves but New York replied in kind, through Madine and once again the sides were level with extra time looking a real possibility.

Murphy proved to be the difference between the sides in the dying moments. He kicked a big pressure free to edge Sligo back in front, 1-13 to 0-15 with two minutes left and then won a free which was converted to give his side some breathing room.

The visitors were first on the scoreboard after the half-time break as they added to their lead with a free after the restart from Sean Carrabine, but they were never able to kill off the challenge of New York.metasports

Indeed as the second-half went on, it was the hosts who took control of the game.

The impressive Varley added two more points as New York trailed by a single point with 13 minutes left on the clock, as the tension was building around Gaelic Park. When Niall Madine landed a point for his side to level the scores up it looked as if the shock result of this year’s championship was on the cards.

The key score in the opening half came on 19 minutes with Sean Carrabine scything through the New York defence before playing a one-two and riffling the ball to the back of the net.

New York started brightly and they opened the scoring after just 20 seconds of play through Daniel O’Sullivan. During the opening quarter Sligo struggled to find their rhythm but a point from Nathan Mullen on 13 minutes seemed to settle the team as they drew level for the first time in the match.

After the concession of the goal, New York’s response was excellent as they scored two points on the spin – both coming from Galway native Adrian Varley.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *