Formula One has a 15-year contract with Saudi Arabia, and the race is set to move to Qiddiya, a planned entertainment resort about an hour’s drive from capital Riyadh, in the future.
Drivers and team principals have called for discussions following Sunday’s race.
”Whatever they want, we are here to host Formula One as best as it can anywhere in the world,” said Prince Al-Faisal.
”So we will definitely have an open discussion with them to see what their feedback is to discuss with them and what their concerns are about, so we will show them everything.
F1 CEO Stefano Domenicali said on Friday the sport had been given safety assurances.
The fact that senior Saudi figures and their families were at the track further underscored the security of the event, he added.
Drivers, who considered a boycott during a four-hour meeting, said in a statement on Saturday that authorities had assured them security was being ramped up to maximum.metasports
But no details of the measures taken were given.
But F1 and local organisers said the Grand Prix would be held as planned.
”If there is a threat, then rest assured we will cancel the race, but there is no threat and that’s what we discussed with everyone,” Saudi sports minister Prince Abdulaziz Bin Turki Al-Faisal told reporters on Saturday.